17 Aug 2013

Yarndale Bunting

Have you heard of yarndale? If not read herehttp://yarndale.co.uk/   I have been reading about it with interest for a few months now. It sounds like a fantastic community event and I'm very jealous that I won't be able to make the journey down to take part in the woolyness.

I did however make some triangle granny bunting to send down. I love to think something I made will be down there,  hanging with the other bunting that loads of people are making.



You can find the pattern here. http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/granny-bunting-triangles.html   
Making these was really therapeutic and the crocheted up really quickly.

I used a lot of my spare bits of wool and bought a ball of Wendy Raspberry Pink with some glitter through it.  I really liked it a lot.

                                        


This is all 10 of my triangles.  All neatly pressed as per the instructions.  I think my family thought it was a bit strange that I was in the kitchen, iron poised a few millimetres from the triangle that was pinned to the section of mattress.  You know these ikea toddler beds, they come with a small section of mattress you can use to make the bed longer as the wean grows.  That bit!



  All nicely stacked up.

                     


This is my lovely yarndale bag. I bought it online a few months ago and it's now my main project bag.  I just 
love the cheeky wee sheep with all it's crazy colours.

I hope if you get the chance to visit yarndale you will tell me all about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment