10 Aug 2010

Some randomness from the week and a wee trip to Arran

Last weekend S, J and little guy decided we would take the ferry over to the beautiful Isle of Arran.  It was looking to be a lovely day and we got the 12.30 crossing from Ardrossan to Brodick.  We would have been earlier but little guy had been up a few times during the night.    The ticket officer told us that we might have bother getting back from Arran as it was the Highland Games and the ferries home would be extra busy but we took our chances even though we were left with only two hours on the Island

My son is wee cheater when it comes to crazy golf.  He really is!!  He is a  ruthless player.  It was good fun though, J is amused at the lengths her brother will go to, to convince her the win was fair.

I have been doing a spot of cooking this week, much to the delight of my husband who still regales in the story of how when I was pregnant with our firstborn, I sat a pot noodle down to him when he came home from work.  At least I had put water in it!! What more do men want?  This recipe was an Asparagus and Panecotta Penne.  Yum yum.  That pic was actually the one I made, not the one the wonderfull Catherine Fulvio made.              http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/633516
I have a few wee crafty projects in the pipeline,   one being a waffle dishcloth.  Its looking good and one of the dishcloths is finished, just need to finish the other one, tomorrow fingers crossed.

Oh well, tools down and here's to another busy day,

No comments:

Post a Comment